A local investor recently purchased the former Our Lady of Lourdes school property. The property on Boykin Blvd off Dauphin Island Parkway contains approximately 17,600± SF of buildings on an 8± acre campus. The school opened on August 19, 1949. The school educated the children of the parish for 55 years but with a decline in enrollment and the loss the parish families the school closed permanently in 2004. It has since been occupied by St. John’s Deliverance School for Tomorrow and Little Bears Day Care and Learning Center. Little Bears Day Care will continue to operate their business out of a portion of the buildings.